Thursday, October 22, 2009

New YA Imprint for Sourcebooks

Sourcebooks, which you might know from the Jabberywocky imprint, will be launching their new YA line, Sourcebooks Fire. Personally I think they could have gotten a little more creative in the line-naming but at the very least, the books look pretty cool. Previously any YA titles, including Dreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble, were printed under the Jabberwocky name. Now any new prints of older YA books from Sourcebooks will be printed under the Fire line. Fire won't discriminate about the types of books they print, just so long as they're YA so look for a range of books from fantasy to romance and everything in between.



Those are the covers to some of the books that will be released by Fire in 2010. Personally I'm most looking forward to Recognized, about the teens that "invented" the seance. Granted the explanation right there is faulty as seances have been happening for much more than 150 years but regardless, it still sounds interesting. And that grunge rock font on We Hear the Dead is everywhere. And I just love that cover in general. I may just dye my hair that color . . . wouldn't match my eyebrows though . . .

8 comments:

AnAddictedBookReader said...

Awesome covers! I gave you an award at my blog here: http://anaddictedbookreader.blogspot.com/2009/10/honest-scrap-award.html! You deserve it : )

Reverie said...

LOOKS super cool! I am looking forward to these books. Paranormal? Fantasy? Count me in!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Oh, how exciting. They all have great covers and I'm so stoked they are bringing Beautiful Dead to the U.S. I've been wanting to read that series for awhile now. That's great they have a YA line now.

-Lauren

Barbara said...

Cool covers and they sound good too. I'll have to keep an eye out.

M.A.D. said...

Mary D
zenrei57 (at) hotmail (dot) com

Wow - those covers scream BUY ME!!! Love the cover to "We Hear The Dead" and "Recognized" (adding that one to my zillion mile long TBR list).

Donna - go for it, dye your hair that color and you can always use eyebrow pencil on the brows!

Jenni @ Falling Off The Shelf said...

Awesome covers! Thanks for the heads up on these!

Ellz said...

Donna, hey. first I gave you an award at my blog
http://ellzreadz.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-feel-loved.html

Love these covers, esp Beautiful Dead.

Donna (Bites) said...

These are definitely snag-worthy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.