Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ghosts in the Lourve?

In the spirit of Halloween, today I'll be sharing some paranormal stuff that's happened to me, some with visual evidence. I'll even share a story that I wrote for a Halloween contest on a writing forum I'm on. But first, spookiness in the Lourve.

Back in 2006 I spent six months in Europe as a study abroad student (something I recommend EVERYONE do) and I traveled all over Europe. I made a short overnight stop in Paris because it wasn't high up on my to-visit list (it just never really appealed to me). So the following day after my one night, I was wandering around because I had a lot of time to blow before I caught my train so I took the Metro from my hostel to the Lourve which is like "central downtown" Paris in terms of things to see and such.

Not too many tourists know that there is a Metro stop underground at the Lourve. Most just go to the glass pyramid and wait in the huge line that forms up there. If you go underground, it's like getting a fast pass. While I didn't actually go in the Lourve (I didn't have that much time to spare and I did want to walk around a little more), I took some pictures of the underground lobby. Down there they have an inverted glass pyramid that sits right below the big entrance one above ground and a bunch of carvings and statues all over the place. It's one decent-sized room and you can stand in the middle, spin in a circle and see all of it.

So first I took a picture of the inverted pyramid because it was just so cool-looking. Then I turned around and started taking pictures of the statues and reliefs. I looked down at the camera's screen and it was filled with orbs. I figured some dust had kicked up or something. I wasn't too far from the Metro tracks, even though something like that would have shown up in the first picture too since it was the same room, but that had to be it, even though I couldn't actually see any dust. So I took another picture. Same thing. I walked to the other side of the room to get some statues. Ditto.

Mind, the picture of the pyramid was crystal clear and these carvings are in the same room. If you're looking at the pyramid, all you have to do is turn around and you can see the carvings. So how can dust be on one side of the room and not on the other?

Now let me just say I'm not a big believer in orbs, especially nowadays because our cameras are getting so high tech and are capable of picking up so much definition around us that it's only natural, for a 10 megapixel camera to pick up some particles that we wouldn't otherwise see. But this I just couldn't explain. Nothing was wrong with my camera. One side of the room had clear pictures, the other didn't. The room might have been 20 by 20. Maybe. Once I went outside, the pictures were clear.

Here, look (these are sequential) -


The inverted pyramid. As you can tell, it's pretty big but the room isn't that huge. It's big but not like auditorium big or anything like that. And the picture is clear. Nothing funny, just people heads and glass. Then I turn around to get some pictures of the carvings.


WTF? Dust storm? Yeah, I'm a little confused at this point since all I did was turn around. the inverted pyramid is at my back right now, nothing separating it from me and the rest of this room. Just space. So I try to take another picture.

Great. What the hell's going on? Let's try it again . . .

Ok, I'm head-desking at this point. How about a completely different shot?

Mother's ass! Why can't I get a clear shot of these things?

The first picture I took after emerging from underground. Nice and crystal clear. So what the hell happened?

What do you think? How would you explain an open room and being able to get a clear picture on one side and not on the other. Is it the place or the things I was trying to get pictures of? Would this freak you out?

13 comments:

Alea said...

That is weird. I wonder if there was some kind of specific lighting only in that part of the room? Don't think that's what it would do to your camera though.

Donna (Bites) said...

It was dimmer on that side of the room but definitely no strange lighting that I can remember.

Alea said...

You should have compared pictures with other people there. If it was happened to them as well I would have RUN THE HELL OUT OF THERE haha! Probably would have too if it was ONLY happening to me. But then maybe you could just blame your camera for being lame for awhile or something.

Ellz said...

cool, do you think it was ghosts of the famous artists?

Anonymous said...

It looks like condensation of some sort.

Donna (Bites) said...

I've done everything to explain how this could happen but none of it makes sense. How do you have condensation on one side of the room and not the other? How does my camera work on one side of the room and not the other? I don't know.

Misty said...

Anyone else feel like the Twilight Zone music should be playing?
Do-do do-do, do-do do-do...

Unknown said...

wow, really? are you kidding? whats the most obvious difference here? did your flash even go off in the first picture? please use common sense

Donna (Bites) said...

Obviously your common sense was checked at the door you fucking tool. Next time you want to post something like that, don't hide behind a private profile, you fucking pussy. On a 4 megapixel camera, do you think I utilized a flash on that first picture? Do you really think I would have gotten that kind of detail without one on such a low-grade camera? Next time utilize your own common fucking sense before posting here you little shit. The first person to do "OMG ur so dum" turns out to the be idiot that can't see both sides of the coin.

Donna (Bites) said...

But he obviously knows better than me because he was there when I took the picture and I . . . wasn't . . . O_o I iz dum fer shur. I dun now whow to uz kamra!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

the light from your flash is being bounced off the reflective surfaces and illuminating the dust

Donna (Bites) said...

Wow. You actually sound like you know what you're talking about when you're not talking like a pedantic prick.

If it were due to my flash reflecting dust, those same dust motes would light up against the darker portions of that first picture, like it does in the second to last picture. It doesn't. There's not a mote in site in that first picture. And in order to get a still, non-blurry picture of something inside without a flash with that camera, it needed a tri-pod, which I didn't have. So I used a flash.

As you can see from the second to last picture, the wash-out of the flash erases the orbs on the lightest places however, they're still showing up against darker backgrounds. There is nothing in that pyramid picture. Nothing. And that light was no brighter than my flash.

Your theory doesn't hold water because if there was that much dust in the air directly at my back, I would have picked SOMETHING up 2 inches to my front. But again, there's nothing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.