Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Favorite Pumpkin

While I didn't get a pumpkin this year (I honestly have no idea why, I just realized a few days ago that I didn't have one and completely brain farted on the date, duh), I spent literally hours carving this one last year. I took the cheap route and found a stencil online that I liked and since I didn't feel like paying for it, I printed it out and drew it myself. Fun times!

The flesh of the pumpkin was close to two inches thick so it was a bitch to carve the thing. I kept having to take breaks because I was working the muscles in my hands so hard and by the time I was done, I had blisters, some of them popped. But I was really happy with the results so I think they were worth it! And at least last year we had some trick-or-treaters to see it. We didn't get any this year. Thus is the curse of living on a main road with no sidewalks. We're not exactly a prime trick-or-treating area. I used to live in a couple, but not anymore. Boo.

7 comments:

Ellz said...

as my 5 year old would say. AWESOME!

M.A.D. said...

Mary D

Honestly, that is just about the coolest pumpkin I've ever seen!!! I wouldn't have the patience, but you did a super job ...

Now, where is my pumpkin pie? :D

AnAddictedBookReader said...

Very awesome pumpkin! I've never carved a pumpkin : O

Donna (Bites) said...

Thank you! It literally took me about 3 hours to carve this thing because I had to keep stopping because the pain in my hand was so bad. But it was worth it!

Wrighty said...

Oooh, very cool! I love carving pumpkins but I always forget how much work they are until I start one again. Glad you took a photo so it makes the blisters worth it! (hopefully!)
Happy Halloween!!

Misty said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, that's cooooooooooooool.

Cindy said...

great looking pumpkin :) i've never carved any that looked so cool :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.