Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hunger Games, The Movie

Publisher's Weekly is stating that Lionsgate has obtained the rights to the film version of Suzanne Collins's The Hunger Games. The best part? Collins will adapt the screenplay so you know it's going to be a good book-to-film creation. It makes me wonder if Lionsgate wanted her to adapt the book or if that was part of the deal on Collins's part? Yeah, I think about those kinds of things.

Nina Jacobson, who's also producing the film version of Diary of a Whimpy Kid, will produce The Hunger Games through her newly created company Color Force. Jacobson was formerly a chief at Disney studios and former president of Buena Vista Motion Pictures and is currently working on a film through DreamWorks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can not wait for this movie! I am so excited and I want the sequel so bad!

prophecygirl said...

I can't wait for this - it has to be good if Collins is writing it!

Donna (Bites) said...

I really gotta read this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.