Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Operation TBD Ready to Launch!

Operation Teen Book Drop is happening this Thursday, April 16th. What are you dropping and where? I went out and bought a copy of Luxe by Anna Godbersen, Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan, Marked by PC Cast and Kristin Cast and Cirque du Freak 1 through 3 by Darren Shan, plus two piles of books off my own shelves.

Originally I was just going to do the four books, two for boys and two for girls, and drop them around my local mall. But the more I thought about it, and the more I heard about the budget cuts on my local news, the more I started leaning towards making a big donation to my local library that I happen to live right across the street from. Which is what I'm going to do and which is why I'm including my massive pile o' books. This way I know they'll be put to good use instead of thrown out or tossed aside or whatever else may happen if they're just left lying around.

I know libraries desperately need donations right now so if you're participating and still don't know where you want to drop, consider the library. The demand for popular books is becoming higher than the supply, what with everyone trying to save money so the more help libraries get, the better.

Still don't know what Operation Teen Book drop is? Head on over to readergirlz to read all about it. Hopefully you'll be swayed to make a drop yourself.
Operation Teen Book Drop 2009 (TBD '09) is being held in celebration of Support Teen Literature Day, April 16th, 2009. Through the efforts of readergirlz (http://www.readergirlz.com), GuysLitWire (http://guyslitwire.blogspot.com), YALSA (http://www.ala.org/yalsa), and publishers, teen patients in pediatric hospitals across the United States will receive 8,000 new young-adult novels, audiobooks, and graphic novels.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.