Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hug Your Planet


She needs it. Today is Earth Day and what are you doing to help make this planet a better place to live? Do you recycle? Do you buy home-grown or local foods? What about organic? Do you utilize public transportation? Do you carpool?

Measure your carbon footprint here. You may think you're not emitting much but you'd be surprised. I know I was. I wish I could be a little more accurate on that test, though. My electric bill, for instance. The pricing is deregulated in Connecticut so I'm getting royally butthurt in that department. Our usage is actually down about half from last year yet the price is twice as much. And my car. Yeah, it's a 1997 Honda that has 130,000 miles on it. But highway driving I can get over 400 miles to the tank. That has to count for something, right?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yay for Earth Day! We recycle and compost. And use those horrible energy saving lightbulbs.
Also today a bunch of students from my school went out into all the back roads and pulled garbage off the roadsides and out of the ravines. We found some odd stuff! Did you do anything special?

Donna (Bites) said...

Sounds like you had an awesome day, Jen! I didn't do anything specific for Earth Day but I always try to conserve as much as I can, recycle, all that fun stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.