Saturday, April 4, 2009

80s Awesomeness! ~ 5

For those of you that can't wrap your heads around 3D video games, you know your brain is yearning for--
PACMAN!

The game is so simple yet, just like Tetris, you'll beat off anyone that tries to distract you from reaching level 80. Aside from the standard stand up video games you found in arcades, this was one game that I saw in tabletop version a lot. I don't know if that's what it's actually called but it looks like a table and the screen is flat down below you to play. I always saw them in pizza places. In fact, while I was waiting for my pizza on vacation last year I played one of these. I love Pacman! Simplicity for simplicity's sake. And who could forget the joystick? Are those even still around?

But what's a video game without its TV cartoon tie-in?

4 comments:

Amelia said...

I LOVE Pacman! The arcade versions were so much fun! There's still one in the laundry-mat sort of near me, every time I'm in town I'll go play. Mortal Kombat was my absolute favorite arcade game. I miss the type of games. If I ever have enough money I'm so gonna buy the old fashion arcade Pacman and Mortal Kombat games.
And cool thanks I'll check it out. I hope Netflix has some Alvin movies.

Anonymous said...

I got Pacman fever!

I got a pocket full of quarters, and I'm headed to the arcade.
I don't have a lot of money, but I'm bringing ev'rything I made.
I've got a callus on my finger, and my shoulder's hurting too.
I'm gonna eat them all up, just as soon as they turn blue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-MONIvP6kI

Donna (Bites) said...

I loved Mortal Kombay too, Amelia! Gah! I want to play now!

Oh god, Raf, I forgot about Pacman Fever! Jeez! And tell me you got those books . . .

Anonymous said...

The HP ones? Yes! I even posted about them on my blog. Thank you very much. Sorry I didn't email you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.