Saturday, February 27, 2010

80s Awesomeness! ~ 52


I mentioned this in my 80s Awesomeness! post last week (or maybe in the comments, either way, it was on that post) so I figured I'd give Pocket Rockers their own post! These were the kid version of the ghetto blaster; little tape players that you could carry around anywhere. The tapes themselves were only about an inch or so big and you could actually wear them as fashion accessories. Hey, it was the 80s. I got mine not too long after it came out. It was the pink one above and I had tapes for Bon Jovi, The Bangles, Madonna and Tiffany. I was so cool.



3 comments:

Mindi Scott said...

I turned eleven in 1988. Why do I not remember Pocket Rockers???

Lenore Appelhans said...

I don't remember these either.

Donna (Bites) said...

You guys are like me with Monchihis. I can't remember those things to save my life but they were HUGE! I don't think Pocket Rockers were that big though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.