Saturday, November 13, 2010

Weekend Question - Answered

Weekend Question is hosted by Liz at Cleverly Inked.

This is the first time I'm participating and I figured I might as well jump in. Looks like fun. So this week's question is -

Do you hide any books from people? What books are you embarrassed by owning?

Probably the only books that might have people raising their eyebrows at me are the manga editions of Jim Henson's Return to Labyrinth. Those might make me blush a little. But other than that, I'm quite proud of the books I have on my shelves and I'll defend them to the death. I don't read romances or anything so I don't run the risk of near-nakedness exposing itself. That would be the only thing I might want to hide. But I won't hide those manga. Why? I'm a huge Labyrinth fan. I'm not going to hide that. Plus they're good stories.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I DO read romance...and erotica...so I think it's safe to say that when Grandma comes over for a visit, I close and lock both my bedroom and office doors so that my entire collection of bookshelves stays hidden. Lol.

In all honesty, I don't go out of my way to keep people from seeing my books, regardless of what might be on the covers. But there are some people that I know well enough to air on the side of caution.

Hannah Mariska said...

i've met a few people who like to book-bash, particularly books from the vampire/paranormal genre. like you i'll defend my choice as well.

mind you if i'm on the bus and reading some paranormal erotica I might try and hide the pages from anyone sat next to me. i'm not sure whether thats my embarrassment or trying to protect them from seeing some rudey words!

btw i love your blog design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.