Saturday, November 27, 2010

80s Awesomeness! ~ 86

Let's forget about the level of suck the franchise became for this movie and just focus on the original, shall we? While the movie is pretty drastically different from the short story of the same name, it's still a creep factory what with that redhead with the gigantor mouth and that little short dude with the creepy voice that may have just been 53 and not a teenager. And then there's the corn. Miles and miles of corn. I can guarantee that after watching this movie, you will never look at corn fields nor their maze-like counterparts the same way again. Freak show. And people wonder why I am not kid tested nor am I mother-approved.

3 comments:

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Ahh this movie freaked me out as a kid!

Mari Mancusi said...

My husband and I did a Children of the Corn marathon and watched all...7? 8? of them. They get pretty freaking awful though there are a few better ones in the mix. Like the one with the (then unknown) Naomi Watts. lol. The best one to laugh at is #3 - Urban Harvest. The special effects are pure cheese.

The first one though is definitely an eighties classic!!

Zia said...

This movie creeped me the heck out when I was a kid. Heck it still sorta does.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.