Saturday, November 20, 2010

80s Awesomeness! ~ 85


I would love to meet the chick that had even close to the entire My Little Pony collection. This franchise is massive in epic proportions. The body/hair color combinations were endless. The storylines, infinite. The playhouses expensive. But if you were a chick, you had to have them. And maybe you watched the TV show too. I'm pretty sure I had a few. In fact, I think one of the ponies I owned had this heat-sensitive decal thing on its butt that if you rubbed would appear like a tattoo. Kind of demented in hindsight.

And I chose this particular My Little Pony commercial for dear old Edward Cullen. May you unbury yourself from fangirls eventually. You know he has a collection somewhere.

9 comments:

Yan said...

this is kind of irrelevant, but My Little Pony reminds me of those troll dolls that I used to have xD

Unknown said...

Ah My Little Pony. Ah the 80's. I can't believe it's 2010 already!

Rochelle said...

Donna, I had over a hundred My Little Ponies when I was little (barbie wasn't my thing). I had everything for them too, the huge pony estate, the nursery, etc. And I kept all of them, my daughter plays with them now.

La Coccinelle said...

I only had two... one of the regular-sized ones (a unicorn) and one of the baby-sized ones (a pegasus). I also remember having some accessories, including a set of rollerskates. Yes, rollerskates for a unicorn.

Who comes up with this stuff?

Mrs. DeRaps said...

I had dozens...My pulse still quickens a little when I see one in a store. I tried (unsuccessfully) to get my 7 year-old niece hooked. Guess you just had to be there!

Barbara said...

I was so deprived as a child. Maybe that explains why I'm so strange. I have some now. The little tiny ones with the metal boxes which are cute and I even got the ones from McDonalds that came with the Happy Meals.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Ah, this really takes me back! =D Thanks for the nostalgia, Donna.

Donna (Bites) said...

I wasn't big into Barbies or My Little Pony, really. I had them, sure, but not on droves. That girly part of me was skipped, I guess.

Julia @ That Hapa Chick said...

Oh my gosh my sister used to have one that had that weird heat sensitive decal thing! Seriously odd..... And wow that commercial is enough to give someone nightmares. Haha. TOO MANY SPARKLES!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.