Sunday, July 25, 2010

Added to the Pile + 45

Just two books this week. Really, I think I might cry if I have to hold any more. The pile is overwhelming. Granted I have no one to blame but myself but still, I can complain. Thanks to Sourcebooks I received a copy of Emma and the Vampires by Jane Austen and Wayne Josephson. And thanks to HarperCollins I got a copy of Paranormalcy by Kiersten White.


The Regency-era comedy of manners finds Jane Austen's beloved title character, Emma Woodhouse, attempting to arrange the affairs of the young ladies and gentleman vampires, including Mr. Knightley, in her social circle with delightfully disastrous results. (press release blurb)


Evie's always thought of herself as a normal teenager, despite the fact that she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours.

But Evie's about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.
(book back blurb)

8 comments:

Adriana said...

Paranormalcy is one of those that I'm not so sure about yet. I've only been hearing positive things, but the synopsis sounds really silly... so I can't wait to see what you think. Emma and the Vampiries sounds like a fun read. Enjoy!

Josette said...

I've got Emma and the Vampires too! It looks really good and I can't wait to read it. The first page already had me chuckling. :)

Lillie (AliseOnLife) said...

Paranormalcy is one book that I am looking forward to reading. Also, doesn't Emma and the Vampires have a great cover?
Happy reading!

Unknown said...

May be just two books but you've got one that I'm dying for: Paranormalcy! I love-love-love the cover and what's inside doesn't look so bad either. Enjoy (and don't worry about the pile. Mine's down to three feet high. And growing--yay!)

YA Book Queen said...

Ooh! Paranormalcy! They both look great,

Hope you enjoy them! =)

Donna (Bites) said...

Haha! I love how the head she's holding looks just a little bit like Edward.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

I got emma and vampires too :) Paranormalcy looks so good!

Unknown said...

Nice post, Thanks for your very useful Information, I will bookmark for next reference

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.