Friday, April 10, 2009

Freaky Friday :|: 6


Title: Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones
Author: Alvin Schwartz
Published: September 1991
Pages: 128
Publisher: HarperCollins
Summary:

Storytellers know -- just as they have for hundreds and hundreds of years -- that everyone enjoys a good, scary story!

Alvin Schwartz's Scary Stories 3 joins his other popular collections of scary folklore, Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark and More Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark, to give readers spooky, funny and fantastic tales guaranteed to raise goose bumps.

Who is the Wolf girl? Why is a hearse filled with men with yellow glowing eyes? Can a nightmare become reality? How do you avoid an appointment with Death?

Stephen Gammell's splendidly creepy drawings perfectly capture the mood of more than two dozens scary stories -- and even a scary song -- all just right for reading along or for telling aloud in the dark.. (from bn.com)

Editorial Reviews:

A wonderful collection of tales that range from creepy to silly to haunting. (Entertainment Weekly)

Read these if you dare. (New York Times)
Wow, I'm one hell of a masochist. You don't understand how bad I want to go out and buy these books but at the same time how much these pictures scare the hell out of me. I read these when I was in fifth grade so that puts me at what, 10? Nearly 16 years later and I still get all skeeved out looking at those drawings. That's some power, right there.

2 comments:

Marie said...

I'm scared just thinking about those pictures! Ahhh!

Donna (Bites) said...

Tell me about it! But I just can't look away . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.