Sunday, November 8, 2009

Added to the Pile + 18

More goodness! I think my TBR pile is starting to tip. From Llewellyn I received Field Guide to the Little People by Nancy Arrowsmith, from Little, Brown I received a copy of The Vampire's Assistant and Other Tales from the Cirque du Freak by Darren Shan (which I'm probably going to turn around in a contest since I already have these three books) and I received my copy of Ruined by Paula Morris from Nicole at WORD for Teens. Yay! *flop*

In high summer meadows, nestled in the moors, near old castles, or behind the kitchen stove - these are the places where the Little People may be found.

Make the acquaintance of White Ladies and Red C
aps, Church Grims and Hobgoblins, English Fairies, Leprechauns, Sirens, Hey-Hey Men, and all of their strange and mythical kin. Become wise in the ways of these magical creatures, some beautiful and benevolent, others cunning, menacing, or morose. (book back blurb)

Do you love to be scared? Then don't miss the terrifying adventure that begins when Darren and his best friend, Steve, get tickets to the CIRQUE DU FREAK, a wonderfully bizarre and creepy freak show. Brace yourself for thrills and chills as the boys witness a parade of grotesque creatures and face their deepest fears by entering the darkest world of the vampire. (book back blurb)

Rebecca Brown couldn't feel more out of place in New Orleans, where she comes to live while her dad is away on business. She's staying in a creepy house with her aunt Claudia, who reads tarot cards for a living. And at the snotty prep school, a pack of filthy-rich girls treat Rebecca like she's invisible. Only gorgeous, unavailable Anton Grey seems to give Rebecca the time of day, but she wonders if he's got a hidden agenda.

Then one night, among the oak trees in Lafayette Cemetery, Rebecca makes a friend. Sweet, mysterious Lisette is eager to show Rebecca the nooks and crannies of New Orleans. There's just one catch.

Lisette is a ghost.

A ghost with a deep, dark secret, and a serious score to settle.

As Rebecca learns more from her ghost friend - and she begins to trust Anton Grey - she also uncovers startling truths about her own history. Will Rebecca be able to right the wrongs of the past, or has everything been ruined beyond repair?
(book flap blurb)

7 comments:

Wings @ storywings.blogspot.com said...

wow your tbr pile sounds like mine hehe i havent read the Cirque Du Freak Series yet so ill keep an eye out for your reviews on them...

Ruined sounds really good though, and i love that cover...

Wrighty said...

Such good books! I hope to read all of them soon. Enjoy!

Your header looks awesome!!!

Ellz said...

I just got my Ruined this week too. I won it in September and I didn't think it was coming.

Happy Reading.

Rebecca said...

Great books you got this week. I have Ruined on my shelf. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Donna (Bites) said...

Amanda, I've actually already reviewed the first three books! Check out my review list!

Donna (Bites) said...

Thank you, Wrighty!

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

Ruined sounds really creepy. Hope you enjoy all your books!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.