Saturday, December 19, 2009

80s Awesomeness! ~ 42 + 400 Followers!

Holy shitballs, really? 400 followers? Actually, 401 as of this post. Wow! Thank you all! I hope I live up to it! Now, onto the 80s -

Goth!!!


Yeah, that's right people. The term 'goth' is so totally 80s. Used to describe people that dressed in black and listened to "darker" bands like The Cure (which, when you listen to their music, is more aligned with emo today as opposed to goth), it could be derogatory or complimentary depending on the mouth it comes out of. But whatever it is, the term's transcended time. While goth girls looked like something closer to mainstream Madonna wannabes than the white-faced, black-lipped chicks/dudes of today, the term still meant the same thing. The look's (and the sound's) just evolved.


6 comments:

brizmus said...

Ohman, I am SO glad that I discovered you through the 12 Blogs of Christmas! You have an 80s awesomeness section!!!! It really doesn't get any cooler than that!
Isn't 80s goth awesome!!

Stormi said...

wow what a flashback..I feel old..lol

Ellz said...

Donna, love the 80's posts. Congrats on 400+, you deserve it!

your one of my favorites!

Anonymous said...

Trust me, you totally rock. :)

Unknown said...

haha great pic and I love the Cure. Thanks for the post!

Donna (Bites) said...

Heehee! Thank you, guys!

Elie, my burst of followers is thanks to your 12 Blogs of Christmas so you're the reason for it all! Thank YOU!

And 80s goth totally kicks ass.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.