Friday, March 20, 2009

Freaky Friday :|: 3

Next up on Horror Whores . . .


Title: Song of the Vampire (sequel to The Band)
Author: Carmen Adams
Published: March 1996
Pages: 153
Publisher: Avon Flare, a division of HarperCollins
Summary:
BEWARE OF TALL HANDSOME STRANGERS--
Who sleep by day . . .
and play at night.

DON'T BE TAKEN IN BY COOL VIOLET EYES--
Even if they're wild and exciting . . .
and speak of romance in the moonlight.

LISTEN TO THE WARNING OF THE FORTUNE TELLER--
Who foretells a terrible danger . . .
that lurks in the shadows of darkness.

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE--
Unless you're ready to face the evil . . .
and destroy it - or die.
I'm short on more editorial reviews for this one and I really wanted to reread it this week for Freaky Friday but seeing as how insurance has been sucking away my soul for the past month, I just couldn't get it in. But I did read a random chapter and I still loved every second of it. And you're going to laugh at me when I tell you why. Because it reminds me so much of The Lost Boys. I'm convinced that's why I've hung on to it for so long. I just can't part with it.

Thankfully, even though this is a sequel, you don't need to read The Band first to get what's going on. I'm proof of that. For all the cheese (and there are some pretty big blocks), this is probably one of my favorite vampire books ever. Look for a review for it early next month (as I'll be done with the insurance stuff and have my free time back). I really want to reread it now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.