Sunday, March 29, 2009

Added to the Pile + 1

Eh, what the hell, right? This is my version of The Story Siren's In My Mailbox thingy. The majority of my books ride home with me in the car but lately my mailbox has been seeing a few (or will, at least). The reading pile's still huge and I'm not going out and rounding up books but I have been winning them so I might as well join in the fun, right? Despite the sporadickness of it all. And I changed the title to more accurately fit my book-getting method. In My Mailbox would just be a misnomer for me.

So this week I got my copy of Zombie Queen of Newbery High by Amanda Ashby that I won from Free Book Friday Teens. It was sent straight from her in New Zealand which explained why it took close to a month to get (I've only heard of the slow shipping from that area until now). It was supposed to be signed too but isn't. Eh. I'm not going to complain about it. I just wanted to read the book!

Quiet, unpopular, noncheerleading Mia is blissfully happy. Rob - super hot football god - has asked her to prom! Life couldn't get any better. Enter Samantha - cheerleader queen and miss Popularity - who has made it quite clear that Rob should be her prom date. Mia is desperate to make sure she doesn't end up dumped in front of the whole school. So with prom in just a few days, she turns to Candice - her holistic, hypochondriac best friend - and decides to try a love spell to make Rob stay with her. Unfortunately, she ends up inflicting a zombie virus on her whole class instead, and she is their zombie leader! At first, she loves all the attention. But when she learns from zombie hunter hottie Chase that her classmates will actually try to eat her in a few days, she's not too thrilled. She's sure she and Chase can figure something out, but in the meantime, she's suggesting that no one wear white to prom, because things could get very messy. (book back blurb)

5 comments:

the story siren said...

Well hopefully it was worth the wait! I need to email you! Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

I really want to read this one!

prophecygirl said...

Hope you enjoy it, it's a very fun book! :)

Nancy said...

Hiya..I love your Blog title..way cute!! and the Zombie Queen is a really cute book. Have a good week and happy reading :)

Donna (Bites) said...

Email away, Kristi! It'll probably be twelves years before I get to it but I'll let you know! LOL!

Thanks, RR!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.