For the rest of you, in case you need a refresher you can head on over to Ilsa's site for a quick recap. SHADOWS doesn't sucker into the standard billion-page recap that seems to creep all over YA series so if you don't know what's going on, or can't remember, you'll be rather lost. I know I'll be diving into that ASHES cheat sheet. I remember quite a bit of what happened (a rarity for me) but I figured anything that's pertinent to SHADOWS Ilsa will mention on her own recap. Safe bet, right?
Coincidentally SHADOWS is also this month's pick for my fantabulous sooper sekret book club, YAckers. We plan to YAck it good. And we may even have a copy or two to give away when we post the YAck on the YAcker's site.
Not sure what's headed your way in SHADOWS? Check out the blurb from Goodreads -
The Apocalypse does not end. The Changed will grow in numbers. The Spared may not survive.Rather elusive but there you go. It's a tease, I'll admit that. A big one. Have you READ the end of ASHES? This is nothing compared to that so I'll take it.
Even before the EMPs brought down the world, Alex was on the run from the demons of her past and the monster living in her head. After the world was gone, she believed Rule could be a sanctuary for her and those she’d come to love.
But she was wrong.
Now Alex is in the fight of her life against the adults, who would use her, the survivors, who don’t trust her, and the Changed, who would eat her alive.
Now is your chance to win a finished copy courtesy of Egmont. What do you need to do?
- Open to US residents 13 years of age and older only.
- One entry per person per email address.
- Duplicate entries will be deleted.
- Entrants must be a follower of Bites via one of the following mediums: GFC, RSS, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Goodreads.
- Entrants must follow the YAckers site (and be sure to come back to it to check out our YAck of SHADOWS, yes, I'm shamelessly whoring for followers here, sue me).
- Giveaway ends October 8th at midnight, MST/Arizona time.
Now just fill out the form and have at it. Happy release day, Ilsa!