Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Obligatory BEA Post


Well, it's that time of year again.  We are officially two weeks away from BEA and I'm just a little bit excited.  I may or may not have peed a little.  Most likely the latter.

Instead of spreading out my schedule times down to the second, because I'm far too paranoid and I don't want to have to bring the hurt down on anyone that could potentially stalk me, I'm just going to give you a general rundown of the authors and books that I'm going to be keeping my eye out for while I'm there.  Look at that epic sentence, won't you?

Let's see.  For authors I have -

  • RL Stine (OMMFGBBQ fangirl moment!)
  • Eloisa James (for my evil twin)
  • Melissa Marr
  • Maggie Stiefvater (for a fellow YAcker across the pond that couldn't make the trip)
  • Sarah J. Maas
  • Kristin Cashore (for my evil twin)
  • Maureen Johnson
  • Sarah MacLean (for my evil twin)
  • Julie Kagawa
It's a really short list this year simply because I'm attending far more events this time around so my time's been split between the event and off-site shenanigannery.

I may make an appearance at the YA Editor's Buzz panel but I haven't decided yet.  And I know I'm definitely going to be popping into the Apocalypsies event that same day.  That one's a must, even for a few minutes.

How about them books?





Purdy covers.  In between all of this over these few days I'll be running in and out of hotels. I was originally going to stay just Tuesday night and come back Wednesday evening.  Then I had an event crop up Thursday morning that I REALLY wanted to attend so that pretty much killed my original plan and I needed to stay another night.  You'd think I'd just be able to amend my reservation with the hotel I was already staying at.  Well yeah, sure I could have done that . . . for an additional $500 for the new night.

Excuse me, what?  I literally had to have the woman repeat the price to me like three times because I didn't think I was hearing her right.  $500 for a single night.  The night I already paid for was half that.  Bite me.  I'll find another hotel.  And I did.  A little further downtown but for the same price.  I'm okay with that.  I'll take the inconvenience of shuffling hotels halfway through the day over spending almost $1,000 for two nights in a barely three star hotel.  No thanks.  So yeah.  I have gaps in my schedule for a reason.  I have two check-ins to contend with.

So I shall be doing a lot of running around for those two and a half days that I'm there.  I have off-site events all three days (I'm actually only going to BEA Tuesday and Wednesday, I'm passing on Thursday) plus a phenomenal dinner with some of my fellow YAckers at Willy Wonka's cousin's house.  I'm super excited.

This is going to be a good BEA.  I can't wait!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.