Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Handful More on BEA

It's now officially one week until BEA.  For those of you that are going, are you excited?  I hope so!  It's super fun, interacting with so many different people at all levels of the publishing industry.  Right now I just have a few more things I wanted to mention that I didn't say in my Obligatory BEA Post from last week.

 If anyone wants to say hi while at BEA or get a hold of me for whatever reason, the easiest way to do that would be to @ me on Twitter, donnaatbites.  It'll pop up a couple of different ways on my phone, which I'll have on me constantly, so I'll definitely get it.


Along with following me on Twitter be sure to tag along on my tumblr page as well.  You can find that here.  Instagram + direct posting = instaphotos.  I'll be posting them, possibly in a variety of filters.  So you'll definitely want to follow for that.


If you can't attend BEA for whatever reason, be sure to sign up for Armchair BEA.  I did it last year and it was loads of fun.  I also won a bunch of books.  Yes, I went to BEA last year but only for a day. I won't be doing Armchair this year because I'll be at BEA for most of the week.  But you'll want to do this.  It's totally worth the effort, you'll get introduced to a bunch of new bloggers and it's just plain old fun posting and participating in all of the activities.  And winning!  Not to mention BEA is actually sponsoring this year.  How awesome is that?  It's grown so much!

For those of you that are going to BEA, don't forget to use their My Show Planner and download the mobile app for use at the show itself.  You'll get to keep track of all of your stuff in one easy to use place plus get near-instant changes to scheduling right there.  The first two years I went I can't tell you how many times my schedule changed as I was getting into a signing line.  What do you mean they're not here?  But I wouldn't discount printing out your schedule either.  As the foremost killer of technology, I'd always recommend a failsafe backup.

And last but not least, my BEA information posts of yore.  I've done quite a few of these posts, which is why I don't really do them anymore.  I'm not a fan of repeating myself.  But I will repost my links.  And if you do happen to have any last minute questions I'd be more than happy to answer them if you want to leave them in the comments.

2010 -

2011 -
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.