Sunday, June 3, 2012

May TBR Pile Update

Now it's the calm before the storm.  I've had three weeks of no added books and while it's been a rather slow reading month for me I know the inevitable shit storm's coming.  I mean I do leave for BEA on Tuesday morning.  It's only a matter of time.  But for right now I have May and it was a quiet one.

The original pile -


And it's sister digital list -

DREAMING ANASTASIA by Joy Preble (free copy from BN)
THE BUTTERFLY CLUES by Kate Ellison
DROWNING INSTINCT by Ilsa J. Bick
MESMERIZE by Artist Arthur
ESCAPING TITANIC by Marybeth Lorbiecki
TITANIC by Philip Wilkinson
TIME VOYAGE by Steve Brezenoff
THE LIBERATION OF MAX MCTRUE by Kim Culbertson (from the author)

I closed April with 194 books.  I closed May with 193.  Still a loss, albeit a small one, but I'll take it.  Rest assured I'll be weeping into my pillow come July.  Poor me, I know.  I still hold onto the pride that I have in keeping my review pile (far left below) so low and how on top of my digital galleys I am.  It's something I can hang on to.  At the very least.

The pile as of May's end -


Look at the little woobie!  So tiny!  Thank god.  And I really haven't added this year.  I'm okay with that.  Until next week.

And the digital list (from NetGalley unless otherwise noted) -

THE POISON DIARIES by Maryrose Wood (Epic Reads deal)
DREAMING ANASTASIA by Joy Preble (free copy from BN)
THE TREACHERY OF BEAUTIFUL THINGS by Ruth Long
THE RAFT by SA Bodeen
HANGING BY A THREAD by Sophie Littlefield HANA by Lauren Oliver (Sony Digital Library)
THE CURIOSITIES by Maggie Stiefvater, Brenna Yovanoff and Tessa Gratton
SKYLARK by Meagan Spooner
FOUR SECRETS by Margaret Willey
ASHEN WINTER by Mike Mullin
THRONE OF GLASS by Sarah J. Maas
THE INFECTS by Sean Beaudoin
FREAKS OF THE HEARTLAND by Steve Niles
BEYOND by Graham McNamee 
DRAGON AGE, VOLUME 1 by David Gaider, Alexander Freed
THE BLACK ISLE by Sandi Tan

Not incredibly imposing to the point of a nervous breakdown but manageable.  Now if I could just get out of this damn reading funk.  Although the rash of DNFs I'm having is making me plow through my pile a little faster.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.