Monday, March 14, 2011

Added to the Pile + 69

A small stack of books this week but nothing towards the ARC pile which is a small relief.

From PaperBackSwap -

Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson

These two I bought from Amazon for a pretty specific reason. Soldier boy and I are going to one (of three) weddings at the end of May and the hotel we're staying in has themed rooms. For instance, one couple is staying in a room modeled after the inside wardrobe from Narnia. Our room he chose because it's themed after a supernatural writer, much like myself. How sweet! I'd never heard of her (she writes under a male pseudonym) so I decided to buy a couple of her books and see what they were like. I haven't read them yet but she's a gothic writer so I'm super excited!

Winter's Tales by Isak Dinesen
Seven Gothic Tales by Isak Dinesen

And I went to my local closing Border's chain this weekend and I pulled a couple of books from their dwindling piles. Most of the YA section had been plundered by the time I got there but I managed to find one that I wanted. The other was a totally random grab in the fantasy section that I thought sounded interesting -

After by Amy Efaw
Hand of Isis by Jo Graham

1 comment:

Kate Evangelista said...

Hi Amy,

I'm Kate Evangelista, author of Taste, and I just wanted to take this time to introduce myself. If you have the time, please stop by The Coffee Bar by using the link below:

http://kateevangelistanovels.blogspot.com/

I hope to see you there.

Sincerely,
Kate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.