Sunday, April 11, 2010

Added to the Pile + 30

Library book sale! Oh I can't figure out if this was a really good idea or a really bad idea. Books in and of themselves are always good ideas but now I think my TBR pile stretches to the ceiling. Bad idea. So for a whopping $8.50, I got . . .

Over Sea, Under Stone by Susan Cooper
Greenwitch by Susan Cooper
The Grey King by Susan Cooper
Silver on the Tree by Susan Cooper
(The above books complete my The Dark is Rising set which I've been wanting to finish. Imagine the luck! I like the covers of the newly released books better but I'm not complaining with first edition paperbacks.)
Go Ask Alice by "Anonymous"
(Believe it or not, I've never read this one. *ducks* Good enough time as any!)
ttyl by Lauren Myracle
Daughter of Eve by Lois Duncan
(Cheesy 90s horror!)
Terror Academy: Spring Break by Nicholas Pine
(Cheesy 90s horror!)
Beige by Cecil Castellucci
(It's an ARC. *twitch*)
Resistance by Craig Simpson
(This one sounded amazing!)
Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
The Perfume by Caroline B. Cooney
(Cheesy 90s horror!)
Twins by Caroline B. Cooney
(Cheesy 90s horror!)
Fear Street Super Chiller: Party Summer by RL Stine
(Cheesy 90s horror!)
The Thong Also Rises edited by Jennifer L. Leo
(Is that not the best book title ever? And it sounded funny as hell!)

Not a bad pull, I don't think. I'll have to do it again sometime. Bad! I have BEA in a month! *faint*

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love library sales!
Congrats and happy reading!

Brittany said...

Our library book sale is overrun by Patterson and Steele along with really old crappy books we're getting rid of. Your book sale had some really great ones!

Melanie said...

Library book sales are my favorite way to add to the TBR pile. I have shelves and closets full of cheap finds, which will take me years to catch up on. At $5 a bag, though, I usually can't resist.

Looks like you managed to get a pretty good haul. Gotta love the cheesy 90s horror!

Alayne said...

Great books. I've been wanting to read The Dark Is Rising series for a while. Happy reading. My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

Noella said...

Great haul! Especially a complete set of Dark is Rising! My library has books for sale mostly torn at the edges and old for $2 each. Not so good ;( I get better bargains on Ebay ;D

Helen's Book Blog said...

I remember reading Go Ask Alice in 6th grade (this was the late 1970s I might point out) and dog-earring all the "good parts". This book flies off the shelves in the high school where I work!

Angus, Thongs,...I just couldn't read it. I get why teenage girls like it, I guess, but I just couldn't do it. I can't wait to see what you think of it.

Ana Marie said...

i am only familiar with the two thong ones.. go figure

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.