Monday, March 22, 2010

Book Survey

Every once in a while I get the urge to answer these little questionnaires that I see floating around all over the place. This one I saw on quite a few blogs but I'm lifting it from Brooke Reviews.

Rules of this survey - no two answers can be the same book, all books must be fiction.
  1. Book next to your bed right now: I'm breaking one of the rules right now. The Darwin Awards 4: Intelligent Design by Wendy Northcutt. I highly doubt it's a mortal sin to keep a work of non-fiction next to my bed. Although some of the stuff in there reads like fiction but, sadly, is not.
  2. Favorite series: The Blood Coven series by Mari Mancusi
  3. Favorite book: Fade to Blue by Sean Beaudoin
  4. The one book you would have with you if stranded on a desert island: Why We Suck by Dr. Denis Leary
  5. Book/series you would take with you on a long flight: The Devouring series by Simon Holt
  6. Worst book you were made to read in school: Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. Just hand me the razor now.
  7. Book that everyone should be made to read in school: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  8. Book that everyone should read, period: The Things They Carry by Tim O'brien
  9. Favorite character: It's turning out to be Hatter Madigan from The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
  10. Best villain: Lestat from The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice, although he's more of an antihero
  11. Favorite concept series: I had to look this one up. Apparently a concept book doesn't have characters, dialogue or plot. Since I like some substance in my books, and I'm not a fan of the literary genre, I don't have an answer for this one, especially since the definition of a concept book varies from person to person.
  12. Favorite invented world: The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
  13. Most beautifully written book: Tricks by Ellen Hopkins
  14. Funniest book: Breaking another rule. Bite me. Why We Suck by Dr. Denis Leary

1 comment:

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

nice list, i just might copy it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.