Sunday, May 15, 2011

More On BEA

I got another question to answer from my 2011 BEA post this year so let's see what I can do -

I started the non editorial press registration but it says you still have to pay...

That is the one that makes you pay, unfortunately. I went through the editorial media door for registration and everything turned out okay. That one you don't have to pay for but where they have to confirm your credentials. A question I did notice this year that wasn't on there last year was whether or not you were granted a press pass last year (or the year prior, as it were). That might grandfather those of us in who have already gone but I'm basing that on absolutely nothing. I haven't heard of anyone getting denied through editorial media so if you don't want to pay, I'd try that way and see how it goes.

If you have any questions, you can hit me up on my 2011 tips post here. I know info posts are all over the place this year because so many more people went last year but it's worth just putting one more out there, I think. I added a couple more links to that post as well to Eleni at La Femme Readers and and Emily at Red House Books for their joint BEA info posts. I'm still looking for BEA buddies. You know, the more the merrier so if you want to link up, just leave me your information here. I'll be in the city all day on Thursday, May 26th.

On a more creative note, I'm getting myself some professional business cards this year. I didn't have them my first year (2009) because I really didn't have any idea what I was doing. Last year I realized I should have them a little too late to order them so I slapped together an image and printed out some "business cards" on card stock at my house. This year? My dumbass ordered them in time. And I can't wait to see them! I'm happy with the little designs I came up with. It's double-sided this year.

The front -


And the back -


I'm tacky at heart and I wanted a good scene on there but didn't want to cram too much onto one side. So double-sided it is. Yay!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.