Sunday, August 15, 2010

Added to the Pile + 48

Just two books this week. From Llewellyn I received Werewolves by Konstantinos and from Harper Teen I received Hothouse by Chris Lynch.


How does one become - or kill - a werewolf? Where do our modern shapeshifting stories come from? Are werewolves real? In this fascinating book, Konstantinos digs into the centuries-old myths and compelling scientific evidence surrounding these enigmatic beasts of literary and Hollywood fame.
  • Explore four different types of werewolves: involuntary, voluntary, otherdimensional beings, and astral
  • Find out which kinds of werewolves might actually exist.
  • Learn about the shapeshifting beliefs of the Quileutes and other Native American tribes
  • Discover lycanthropic legends from cultures all over the world.
You'll also find true, never-before-published accounts of werewolf sightings and discussions of modern scientific theories that support the existence of these mysterious creatures. Each aspect is investigated, from curses and shamanic vision quests to drug-induced hallucinations and serial-killer werewolves. (book back blurb)


In the beginning it was strange, ya know, because of all that we had lost. But there was something about it that felt so good and so right, too: "I'm so proud of you, Russ." "We'll always be here for you, man." "Heroes don't pay for nothin' in this town." It was nonstop. The mayor shook my hand. Ladies sent food. I've never eaten so much baked ham in my life.

And now? Now the phone won't stop ringing from the crazies ready to blame me. My mom has to cry herself to sleep. They take a firefighter, a man, and they pump him up so big . . . But once they start taking it away from you, they don't stop until they leave nothing on the bones.

First they needed heroes, then they needed blood.
(book flap blurb)

5 comments:

Audra said...

I'm having little kid grabby hands at the werewolves book! I can't wait to hear your review!

Lori said...

Never heard of these books, but the covers are fun and funky looking. I hope that you enjoy your books. Happy reading. Check out my mailbox

Mrs. DeRaps said...

Love Chris Lynch. This one sounds great, especially for some of my hard-to-reach boys. Thanks.

prophecygirl said...

A werewolf book? Hell yes.

brizmus said...

werewolves books, oooh! both look super rad!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.