Monday, February 9, 2009

Hungry Caterpillar Turns 40

Ok, so this may be a tad younger than YA but still, this book's been around for so long and I know I grew up reading it and I know I'm not the only one that did. Well, the enormously popular children's book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle, turns 40 this year! I told you it's been around for a while.

To celebrate, Philomel (one of the book's many international publishers), is releasing a pop-up book version (how cool is that?), releasing posters to educators and slapping that hungry caterpillar's face on the packaging for Stonyfield YoBaby yogurt, among many other things.

It's not too too often that a children's book transcends time quite like this so if you know any young ones that could use a good book, this would definitely be one to buy them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kids loved this book...who knew it was so old?

Donna (Bites) said...

That's what I'm saying . . . you learn these things and it's insanity!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.