Sunday, February 1, 2009

Chains Wins!

Laurie Halse Anderson's critically acclaimed book, Chains, set in New York City during the Revolutionary War, has won the 2009 Scott O'Dell Award for Historical Fiction. Lucky for her, this award comes with a $5,000 price. Congratulations, Laurie!

Among her other award nominations were a National Book Award for Young People's Literature for Chains this year, along with Speak back in 1999.

I have to admit I haven't read any of her books yet but being the history freak I am, I'm definitely going to. Chains is on the list, along with Fever 1793 and I've heard wonderful things about Speak. Are there any other LHA books you'd recommend I read? This lady isn't going crazy with the awards for nothing, I'd imagine!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Catalyst was really good too. It's one of my favorites.

Donna (Bites) said...

I'll have to look into that one. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.