Thursday, June 30, 2011

30 Days of South Beach: Week 4

The final week. The final day. Where I say goodbye to eggs for breakfast for a while. Don't get me wrong. I love eggs. But every day for 30 days? That's a little much even for me. I have two boxes of cereal on standby right now. I just need milk.

Well, I have no idea how much weight I actually lost. If I had to guess, a good ten pounds, maybe. You can't lose as many inches as I did and only lose a pound or two. But I honestly have no idea as I don't own a scale. And I'd like to keep it that way. But I'll share my inches with you.

What I started at -

31", 30", 40.5"
arms - 11"
thighs - 22"

My ending measurements as of tonight -

29", 28.5", 39"
arms - 10"
thighs - 20.5"

Grand total number of inches lost: 7.5 in 30 days. Not bad.

Weight is always a struggle for me. Once I'm down to a comfortable realm, it's not hard for me to maintain weight. I just need to watch what I eat. Eating out all the time is a no go, and it's not just fast food, which I don't really eat. Any eating out will really do it. And the sweets. Good lord, do I love my sweets. Sugar free candy makes a good substitute but a treat every once in a while is okay. So long as it stays every once in a while. Carbs are a killer for me. I love bread and pasta. But I'll stick to whole grains. I prefer that kind of bread anyway.

Overall, I feel better. I'm more confident. My clothes fit a little better (albeit some are still a bit snug but I'm doing some toning exercises that'll hopefully help with that). I'm happy with what I've shed. Could I lose a little more? Probably. But I'll never be a stick. I just don't have that body. I just don't feel like a cow anymore. Always a plus.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a bag of coconut M&Ms waiting for me in my freezer. My gift to myself after a month of dieting.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.