Monday, January 26, 2009

Coraline, Catching Fire and New Moon

Just a few tidbits for you today. First I have a first look at Suzanne Collins's cover art for the second book in her Hunger Games trilogy. It's not exclusive or anything but I saw it and I knew just how popular that first book is. I haven't read it yet but it is on my paper TBR (as opposed to my actual TBR of doom) and if Stephen King says good things about it then I will gladly take a look! He is one of my gods, after all. The image is courtesy of Publisher's Weekly and you can read a short article about the secrecy surrounding this book here.

Next on the list is a short snippet from the upcoming Henry Selick/Neil Gaiman movie Coraline. Another book I've heard wonderful things about. I'm a burgeoning Neil Gaiman fan and I think his writing is wonderful so of course I plan on reading this one as well. And Nightmare Before Christmas was awesome! I have the underwear! Uh, maybe that was TMI . . . But how could this go wrong? Enjoy the clip! Let me know if you have problems viewing it. It's a MySpace snippet thing.


Last but not least, some New Moon movie news. Now, I'll say this right now, Twilight, for me, is nothing more than a very guilty pleasure. I couldn't stand Edward, Bella or Jacob but I did enjoy the snippets of life from the secondary characters, so long as they remained secondary characters. And I won't even start on the writing.

But the movie wasn't half bad. I actually found it rather enjoyable, mainly because I didn't have to listen to that insufferable twit for the entire two hours. I much prefer just being behind her eyes than I did actually being in her head. While it was roomy, what was in there wasn't really worth the gray matter it was printed on.

Anyway, New Moon news. Dakota Fanning is in the works to play Jane, among other unnamed actresses. I think it's very obvious the movie people really want her in this part. The girl has amazing range as an actress and has done so much and she's only 14 but in all honesty, I never thought of Jane as being a teenager. I always figured she was an adult. It's been a while since I read the book but I can't remember if it's said how old she is. The article has a snippet of her description from the book and I think Dakota fits it pretty nicely, but it doesn't say anything about age. It she's cast in the role, I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing her in the part. That's some real acting talent right there.

And before I go, click my eggs, dammit! They'll die if you don't! Do you want dragon egg deaths on your conscience?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

*poke*

Psst...it's not Tim Burton. It's Neil Gaiman/Henry Selick (Selick is the one who directed The Nightmare Before Christmas, Tim Burton wrote/produced it). :P

/geek

And I've been clicking your eggs, I don't like dead dragons any more than you do!

Donna (Bites) said...

I know. I was talking about the movie being Burton/Gaiman, not the book.

And thanks for clicking my eggs! They'd thank you too if they had heads.

Anonymous said...

I know you were talking about the movie...Tim Burton has nothing to do with it...He's nowhere on the crew list...He's not the only guy who can do stop motion.

Donna (Bites) said...

O_o You said that in your first comment. My dumb ass didn't see it. *headdesk* Ima go dur over here nao . . .

Unknown said...

I liked the snippet. I bought the book. From what I've read so far, it ain't gonna be bad at all!

Donna (Bites) said...

The book's definitely on my second TBR list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.