Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Not In My School (2)


Not In My School is a weekly meme hosted by yours truly that throws out one YA lit cliche a week for you to compare to your own high school days, current or past.  For more information go here.

Now for this week's cliche . . .

Snatchy cheerleaders


I don't know about you but the cheerleaders at my high school were NOT the top echelon of the social hierarchy, if I can even say there was a hierarchy at my school.  My high school cheerleaders consisted of a lot of girls that wanted to participate in something but didn't want to put too much effort in (because cheerleading required barely more than fistpumping for us).  There were a few girls on there that, while nowhere near snatchy, were of a nominally popular variety.  It just wasn't because they were cheer squad.  Shit, my class's valedictorian was on the squad.  So it was a rather eclectic mix and maybe two or three of the girls actually had bodies like those chicks above.  The rest, well . . . let's just say gym wasn't their thing.

What about you?  What was it like in your school?  Leave your link in the comments!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.