Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Look What I Can Do!

Yes, I'll be deviating one because I'm short on things to post about at the moment and two because I'm super excited I was able to do this. Eeeee!

Okay. I know I don't talk about my personal life on here really much at all so first I'll say that I love doing yoga. I've been doing it off and on for quite a few years now and just fairly recently I found a really good yoga community to get involved in. Their classes are phenomenal and are totally worth the money (I'll just say it's not cheap). While it's not uncommon for me to feel like I'm going to die at the end of class (the classes I take are the advanced classes, power, bendy twisty types) it's a really good going to die feeling. I'm super sore pretty much constantly but it's a good sore. I feel exercised and stretched and flexed and I generally feel good.

Before I started attending the place I currently go to my goal pose was crow. Considering I have weak little flimsy arms filled with pain, an arm balance was a pretty big deal for me. Once I started going to this place and really getting involved, I finally got into crow. This is what I can do -


Not as prettily but I can do it and hold it and get all excited.

Tonight I went to class and we went into twisted scissor. Yet another arm balance, this one filled with doom. But what happens? I get into it not on one side but on two! Eeeeee! Again, it's not very pretty or delicate-looking but I got into it and I didn't catch myself with my face. I didn't even fall! And I got into it!

I tried looking for twisted scissor and this was the closest thing I could come too. The only difference between what I did and this video (aside from the grace) is my legs were crossed so my feet were out in opposite directions from this video. Other than that I did it! Hooray!


That is all.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.